Dustin H. Sparks
Dustin H. Sparks is a founding partner at Libby Sparks Willis Starnes PLLC. He provides a wide range of business transaction services for the firm’s clients, from assisting start-up businesses to providing a wide range of transactional services to rapidly growing and mature businesses. Dustin's representation includes business entity tax and liability structure and organization, mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, joint venture transactions, equity and debt financing transactions, syndications, tax planning and business acquisitions and dispositions. He is also well versed in high net worth estate planning.
The following are several examples of Dustin's more recent representations:
- Structured and acted as lead counsel for the partial sale and partial equity contribution of approximately 70% of the ownership of a manufacturing and installation company, to a strategic buyer, with an enterprise value of approximately $95,000,000 in order to effectuate a tax efficient sale and rollover contribution for the seller group.
- Lead counsel for the sale of an installation services business with an enterprise value of approximately $33,000,000 to a private equity buyer, designed to be a platform for strategic growth plan to position for sale in 3 to 5 years.
- Lead counsel for the sale of a water well drilling and service business with an approximate enterprise value of approximately $16,500,000 to a private equity fund.
- Lead counsel for a multi-location specialty veterinary practice and hospital company for an enterprise value of approximately $16,000,000.
- Lead counsel for a real estate fund designed to identify and sponsor acquisition of more than $300,000,000 in commercial real estate.
- Representation of a private family office in the negotiation and placement in excess of $130,000,000 in funds to acquire co-GP and major equity ownership in multi-family, assisted and senior living and other commercial real estate properties.
- Lead counsel for partial 1031 for a large commercial multi-family transaction to allow majority equity partners to complete a 1031 tax free exchange and allow remaining equity partners to receive their proceeds and cash out.
Dustin is a member of the Texas Bar Association, Tax Section of the Texas Bar Association, Dallas Bar Association and Tax Section of the Dallas Bar Association. He is also a Lifetime Member of DAYL and member of Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church. He is admitted to the bar in Texas, South Dakota, and Colorado.
Hobbies include golf, tennis, hunting, fishing and spending time with the family traveling, especially to Colorado.
Areas of Practice
- Southern Methodist University Law School, LL.M, Tax
- University of Oklahoma Law School, J.D.
Phi Delta Phi
Vice-President, 2L and 3L class
- Oklahoma City University, B.S., Criminal Justice/Pre-Law
Dean's Honor Roll